1. ONLINE BILL-PAY or MOBILE APP/ PAY FROM YOUR SMART DEVICE OR COMPUTER
On-line Bill-Pay Option – simply click on this blue link to pay your bill via credit card. ( Service charge will be incurred if using this option)
2. Mail in your payment
– send your payment with the top part of your payment stub in the provided envelope
3. Drop off your payment to the District office
Office hours are 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday / Friday 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. excluding holidays.
Our District Office is located at 25212 I-45 North on the northbound feeder just north of the Rayford/ Sawdust Road intersection next to McDonalds.
4. 24-hour drop box
If the office is closed, use the 24-hour drop box next to the front door.
5. Pay by Phone
Call 833-269-5989 any time of the day or night. Get account balances or make your payment. (Service charge will be incurred if using this option)
BILLING CYCLES AND LATE FEES
• Water and Sewer services are billed on a bi-monthly basis, unless the District has implemented water conservation / drought contingency measures.
• You will receive your bill on or about the 1st day of the even numbered months (February, April, June, August, October and December).
• Payments are due by 5:00 pm on the 20th of the month. If the due date falls on a weekend or holiday, payment due date will be the following business day. Late fees will be charged after this period.
ADDITIONAL BILLING NOTICES AND TERMINATION
• Customer will receive two additional notices before service will be disconnected. SMCMUD is not responsible for delivery of notices by the postal service. It is the customer’s responsibility to know when bills are due.
• If your payment is not received by the disconnect date, your service will be terminated until the entire balance plus disconnect fees are paid. Payment must be received by 3:00pm on the date of disconnect in order for service to be restored the same day.
• The amount due after termination will be posted on a door hanger. The District will only accept CREDIT CARD, CASH or MONEY ORDER. NO PERSONAL CHECKS WILL BE ACCEPTED! Field personnel will not accept payments.